Saturday, January 19, 2008

Descendants of James McCain and Sally King



This is a photo of two descendants of James and Sally King McCain. He was my great great great great grandfather. I was told he was born at sea coming to this country and referred to himself as a man without a country. I have found descendants of seven of the ten children of their son William Delaney McCain. I am still searching for descendants of his children James, John and Charles Vernon McCain. The second photo was taken at the tombstone of James McCain Sr of Lawrence Co IN. (After driving from AR to IN in a small sport car convertible with no makeup) My James McCain was supposed to be a Rev War soldier per a book written in 1904 but if you see this tombstone says born 1776. I do not know if this is an original tombstone or if it was placed there later by someone. If he was a Rev War soldier he must of been a young one, maybe a drummer boy or they got the age wrong. Maybe he was a relative. I was told my people went from the hilly parts of TN to IN. In 1840 my William Delaney McCain was in Greene Co IN which is close to Lawrence County next door to James Sr and Jr McCain. I lost some of my research in a computer crash. Maybe someone will see this and help me find the missing decendents. S J

1 comment:

Michael McCain said...

I'm a descendant of James and Sally (Sarah?) King through their son Robert, born 1814 in Kentucky before they tracked on to Indiana.

Trying to find a definitive household link between James and Robert for peace of mind, though Robert was born in Lawrence, IN